Residential Summer Enrichment Camping Program: Pioneer Campers
Who are Pioneer Campers?
Our Pioneer Campers (PC's) are campers who are between the ages of 14-16. The PC's develop leadership skills, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and a desire to serve others.
We expect Pioneer Campers (PC's) to be positive role models for the younger campers.
Pioneer Campers are supervised 100 % of their days and nights by their own counselors. Pioneer Campers (PC's) stay overnight from 7 to 10 days and are housed in separate cabins. PC's can select one of the five sessions throughout the summer. They are required to follow a code of conduct.
PC's have a daily routine that includes the following:
· Leadership skills
· Swimming and sports
· Work experience
· Fun activities appropriate for the teen years
· Management of task in the dining hall
· Community service projects performed at camp
During their stay at camp they practice:
· conflict resolution skills
· decision making situations
· personal imitative competence
· team building exercises
While PCs contribute to daily camp life, they receive many benefits:
· being a buddy to our campers with special needs
· assisting with camp programs
· having interactive evening programs
· receiving high school community service hours
· making new friends from different backgrounds
· contributing to Cradle Beach spirit
Interested campers should contact Nancy Grimes, Admissions Office at Cradle Beach at 716-549-6307 x 205 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Cradle Beach - 8038 Old Lakeshore Road - Angola - NY - 14006
Ph: 716-549-6307 Fax: 716-549-6825